Sunday, June 28, 2009

feeling so hexy

So when my roommate moved, she didn't have enough room to take all her fabric with her. I know, my life sucks, huh? Among the treasures left behind was a Gypsy Rose jelly roll. It's not my normal color scheme and it's not something I would have normall bought, but I really like how this quilt turned out.

Using comforstitching's half hexagon tutorial I made this top over a few days. It went together really easily and I only flipped a directional print a few times. Gah. The flickr pool has some really nice quilts getting added daily as the quilt-a-long comes to a close.

half hex quilt top in gypsy rose

half hex quilt top close up

I thought about buying another jelly roll and making it longer, but I decided against it. It's a nice size--about 44"x56". It's the right size for me to comfortably stipple so that's what I'll do.

Thanks for the fabric Stephanie :) I promise I'll finish it soon!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

It turned out AWESOME!~

Currently in my Etsy shop: